How this book can help others:
The topic of Grief can be very heavy and difficult to approach not only for the grieving person, but for others who encounter the grieving person. Here is a quick guide to help navigate through "Waiting for Heaven.
1. Chapter 8 Not so simple- This chapter can help others to know what to say and not to say to a grieving person.
2. Chapter 9 &12- The Process and Grieving Differently- The process is something a grieving person will discover is part of their ‘new normal.’ Men and Women grieve in completely different ways. Grieving differently can help show couples that what they are going through is part of the grieving process.
3. Chapter 10 Back to Life- Going back to work after a person has suffered a loss of a child can be one of the most hardest things they do in the grieving process. Writing a letter to work letting them know how to approach the difficult yet delicate situation can really help the grieving person and others at work help make the process of entering back to work much easier.
4. Chapter 16 & 18- Being Thankful and Seeing the Rainbow- These two chapters can be helpful for the grieving person to know that there will be days that their grief will be difficult to handle, but know that there will be days that they will see the rainbow even in their storms. Being thankful even when times are difficult can be what helps bring them out of their darkness.
5. Chapter 20 Bowen- Writing a letter to your loved one after they passed away can be very healing in the process. It can give closure to the person who had things they wanted to say to their loved one before they passed away.
A PDF file of the study questions are available below as well as the Expert Beacon article to be used as a resource. May we all find our heaven that awaits us! We would love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below!